How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply to the SD Tech Fund for project funding at anytime throughout the calendar year. To determine if the technology you are developing could be eligible for funding, please review SDTC’s Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria.
Applications for funding are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Our client-centric application process is simple and designed for busy entrepreneurs like you.
The multi-step process provides checkpoints and coaching as your application is evaluated. At every step of the process, SDTC will communicate with you whether or not we will proceed with your application.
Email email@example.com to set up an introductory call.
Phase One: Application
- Review SDTC’s eligibility and evaluation criteria to see if your project aligns. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Download the application template here. Complete and upload to the new applications portal here. If you would like to see a sample of a compelling application you can do so here.
- A team of internal SDTC experts will review your application to determine eligibility.
- If an initial review shows that the project may meet SDTC criteria, you may be invited to make a presentation by video conferencing.
Phase Two: Due Diligence
- If your project aligns with our criteria, you will be asked to submit a detailed proposal via our online portal.
- The SDTC Project Review Committee will review your project.
- All recommended projects are presented to the SDTC Board for approval.
Phase Three: Funding Approved
- If your project is approved, SDTC will assign a Project Manager to prepare a Contribution Agreement to advance the project.
For questions about the application process, contact an Applications and Intake Coordinator.
Email email@example.com or call (613) 234-6313