SDTC partners with like-mandated organizations to streamline funding of targeted innovation initiatives and actively works with partners to identify potential projects that may be eligible for funding through the SD Tech Fund.
SDTC partners with Canadian incubators and accelerators across the country to find promising early-stage cleantech companies to support with seed funding. Expanded in 2020-21, the Seed Fund will provide up to 100 grants of $50,000 to $100,000 each over one year.
The companies receiving investment demonstrate the remarkable breadth of technology innovation taking place across Canada today:
List of companies
- Brisk Synergies, supported by Accelerator Centre
- Intelline, supported by Velocity
- Direct-C, supported by TEC Edmonton
- SoilReader, supported by Manitoba Technology Accelerator
- Open Oceans Robotics Inc., supported by Alacrity Canada
- Canscan Softwares and Technologies Inc., supported by Centech
- SucSeed Social Enterprises Inc., supported by Genesis
- Pani Energy Inc., supported by Alacrity Canada
- Stream Technologies Inc., supported by TEC Edmonton
- Mechasys, supported by Centech
- Absolute Combustion, supported by TEC Edmonton
- Halion Displays, supported by Velocity
- Power HV Inc., supported by Manitoba Technology Accelerator
- Polyamyna Nanotech Inc., supported by Genesis Centre
- G2V Optics Inc., supported by TEC Edmonton
- SwirlTex, supported by Alacrity Canada
- Creative Applications Solutions Technology (CAST), supported by Manitoba Technology Accelerator
- Seaformatics Systems Inc., supported by Genesis Centre
List of incubators and accelerators
- Manitoba Technology Accelerator, MB
- North Forge, MB
- Co.Labs, SK
- Zone Startups, AB
- TEC Edmonton, AB
Transition énergétique Québec (TEQ) – Technoclimat
Transition energetique Quebec (TEQ), through the Technoclimat program, and SDTC have partnered to support and strengthen companies developing innovative clean-energy projects and technologies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG).
A new, streamlined application framework allows cleantech projects to maximize their sources of funding to take advantage of the expertise of both organizations and to explore opportunities for other partnerships and collaborations.
BC Innovative Clean Energy (ICE) Fund
The ICE Fund is a Special Account, funded through a levy on certain energy sales, designed to support the Province’s energy, economic, environmental and greenhouse gas reduction priorities, and to advance B.C.’s clean energy sector.
Alberta Innovates is a provincially funded corporation with a mandate to deliver 21st-century solutions for the most compelling challenges facing Albertans. We do this by building on our province’s research and technology development strengths in the core sectors of health, environment, energy, food and fibre, and platforms such as artificial intelligence, nanotechnology and omics.
Emissions Reductions Alberta
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) evolved from Alberta’s Climate Change and Emissions Management (CCEMC) Corporation. ERA works collaboratively with Government, industry and the innovation community to secure a lower-carbon future for Alberta.
Ontario’s TargetGHG Collaborative Technology Development Program
Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario’s economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies and businesses.
Clean Growth Hub
Through Budget 2017 the Government of Canada created the Clean Growth Hub, an interdepartmental team co-chaired by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) with a mandate to help clean technology producers and users navigate the Government of Canada’s clean technology programs. SDTC is providing in-kind staff support to the Hub.
Export Development Canada and the Business Development Bank of Canada
Export Development Canada (EDC), Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and SDTC are collaborating to create seamless, interagency handovers to support the commercial preparedness and growth of companies.
Export Development Canada provides Canadian exporters with the trade financing, export credit insurance and bonding services, as well as foreign market expertise.
BDC is Canada’s business development bank and the only financial institution dedicated exclusively to entrepreneurs. Its mission is to help create and develop strong Canadian businesses through financing, advisory services and indirect financing, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises.