In fulfilling our commitments to accountability and transparency, SDTC publishes a series of documents detailing our objectives, strategies and progress; and our executive team’s expenses.
As part of our obligations under the Funding Agreement between SDTC and the Government of Canada, we are part of a number of audits and evaluations that examine the performance of our organization and how our mandate is fulfilled.
Each year we host an annual public meeting and release a number of reports.
SDTC is subject to the provisions of the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act.
SDTC has always promoted open, informal communication with its applicant community and the public. We encourage you to contact us should you be interested in obtaining more information about SDTC and our activities.
Some of the major audits and evaluations of SDTC that have taken place since 2005 are included below, as well as our original Act.
- 2001 – Canada Foundation for Sustainable Development Technology Act
- 2005 – Compliance audit (initiated by NRCan)
- 2006 – Performance audit by the Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development (CESD), a division of the Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
- 2006 – OAG Audit: Role of Federally Appointed Board Members—Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- 2010 – Value-for-money (performance) audit (initiated by NRCan)
- Info Source (HTML / PDF)
SD Tech Fund:
- 2006 – SD First interim evaluation (mandated by the Funding Agreement)
- 2009 – Second interim evaluation (mandated by the Funding Agreement)
- 2012 – NGBF First Interim Evaluation (mandated by Funding Agreement)
- 2017 - NGBF Second Interim Evaluation (mandated by the Funding Agreement)
SDTC has also participated in the following government-wide evaluations:
- 2006 – Examination of Federal Energy and Environmental Science and Technology Investments
- 2007 – Final Report: Evaluation of Foundations, prepared for Treasury Board Secretariat
- 2011 – Review of Federal Support to Research and Development (“Jenkins Panel”)