SDTC's current priority areas include:
- Responsible resource development: Mitigate environmental impacts associated with Canada’s natural resource sector through technologies in the oil and gas, mining, and forestry sectors.
- Next generation transportation: Technologies related to next generation vehicles having reduced emissions and higher energy efficiency, with a focus on freight transportation.
- Resource and energy efficiency: Technologies that encourage energy efficiency in buildings and industrial processes, with a focus on industrial water use efficiency.
- Clean energy: Technologies that enable clean energy production, distributed power generation and energy storage as well as technologies related to carbon capture and storage, integrated energy systems, and biorefinery/biochemical production.
- Agriculture: Technologies that increase yield and improve temperature and drought resistance of agricultural crops, mitigate land-use changes and biodiversity loss and diversify farm incomes.
- Northern and remote communities: Innovative technologies and solutions for self-sufficiency in smaller communities, such as food security, heavy-lif-t transportation, small-scale renewable energy and microgrid applications.
The SD Natural Gas Fund™, a collaboration with the Canadian Gas Association, focuses on the following priority areas.
- Residential (small-scale affordable CHP units, ultra-efficient water heaters, technologies that improve the efficiency of residential heating and/or cooling)
- Commercial (technologies that improve the efficiency of heating systems, measurement and data management to better control natural gas consumption, natural gas cooling systems)
- Industrial (higher-efficiency industrial heating equipment, CO2 capture systems, less energy-intensive hydrogen production)
- Power generation (higher efficiency power generation, emissions control technologies, natural gas storage solutions for remote locations)
- Transportation (more efficient and lower emission natural gas engines, alternative natural gas engines, lower-cost solutions)
- Renewable natural gas (technologies that improve cleanup economics, cost-effective small-scale anaerobic digesters)
For more information on the application process, click here.
Have more questions?
SD Tech Fund Advisory Team
613-234-6313 ext 296
Get an overview of the applications process here.
Attend a workshop:
Find a workshop in your area here.
Sign up for our upcoming webinars to help with your Statement of Interest:
September 15: How to create a winning Statement of Interest (SOI)
September 24: Environmental tables
Get more information here.
To be notified of upcoming funding rounds, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.